MyStuPiDMisTaKe

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Just my thoughts...

Why do people keep giving promises that they never keep?

Why do people only find me when they're lonely and suddenly disappear when everything is sky-blue for them?

Is it too much to actually send a text and tell you what's going on with the promises?

F*** them. I don't want to know and I don't care anymore. You want me to appreciate you, then try to value this friendship more.

**************************************************

Watched '1 litre of tears' today and I think it's a brilliant Japanese mini-series. It's based on a true story about this 15-year old girl who had been diagnosed with Spinocerebellar Atrophy ( degeneration of the cerebellum and spinal nerves). Her disease is incurable and will progress later on with various debilitating complications. She slowly had problem with swallowing, speech and mobility. During her life, she wrote a diary of all her experiences living with the rapidly-progressing disease. It was named as '1 Litre of Tears' where it has been sold for millions of copies, and also where the series actually got its name.


I would recommend watching it. The subject interests me a lot since it is a disease which I might be dealing with if I decide to choose neurology as my future career path. People ask me why I choose neurology as a profession. I think it is a noble speciality, like any other profession. Since most neurological diseases tend to be chronic, I will be given the chance to know my patients even more and sometimes, for the rest of their lives. I might change my mind along the way but at the moment, I'm looking foward to this speacialty. GAMBARRE!!